Wednesday 4 February 2009

Trinity of Abundance

This picture summed up my day today. I collected my winnings (yes I won a little amount from 4D because it was Ibet), but happy I won something lah, after last year's drought. Then went to Suntec for a meeting. The bright red CNY decor and mood was still present albeit the fact being a weekday it was not too crowded.

After my meeting, went to the bank and deposited an auspicious amount of money into my account. Strangely, many people there were wearing black except me. Hmm .... haha.

Met up someone and had lunch of roasted duck at the basement and in the midst of devouring my duck, the Fountain of Wealth began to sprout. It was a beautiful sight, the huge fountain. When I passed by the Koi Garden, I even had time to feed the kois there, all fat and chubby and a colourful sight.

In the evening, it rained for a short while. Since Mom was still feeling a little under the weather, I cooked some dishes to go with plain porridge for everyone. I suddenly thought of a dish I tried before in the restaurants, and it was the steamed eggs which consisted of 3 types of eggs. I have never made this dish before, so I thought I had try. The 3 types of eggs used were chicken eggs, duck salted egg and century egg.

I marinated some minced pork, and stir fried them till half cooked, then I added it into the beaten chicken and duck eggs. I chopped the century eggs and the duck yolk into small pieces, and mixed it with the rest. I added light soya sauce, sesame oil, huatiao wine into the mix. After that I just steamed it for 20 minutes and sprinkled spring onions on top. It smelled nice. The overall opinion was it was a little hard, because I did not add water! I did not know must add water, haha.

I also prepared long beans stir-fried with dried shrimps, szechuan vegetables stir-fried with minced pork and diced chicken in soya sauce. All these dishes are good accompaniment for plain porridge.

Eggs are round, which means 圆满 which in turn results in abundance. Hence I named this dish of 3 types of steamed eggs ..... the Trinity of Abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...