Saturday 14 March 2009

Gourmet popcorn

I am not a fan of popcorn. And I usually eat popcorn only in cinemas, as a matter of habit. Other times, I hardly touch them. One reason why I do not fancy popcorn, is, the normal popcorn selling in the cinemas and supermarkets, tasted as bland as water. And usually I had to dig and dig for the sweeter ones and I found it a waste of time chewing so much and so hard on barely-sweetened popcorn. They are just not sweet enough.

However, I finally found the popcorn taste I like. In Golden Village, they are called the Gourmet Popcorn. What a right name. They were extra coated with different flavours, making them sweeter (finally). I tried the Butterscotch flavour and I love it (especially the buttery taste). Popcorn should taste like this, crunchy, sweet and seedless.

Years ago, when I was in my teens, there was this brand selling in cinemas, Karmelkorn (selling caramel-coated popcorn) and also the likes of Orange Julius (for banana shake) etc. They were so yummy. Once you started, you could not stop munching. Now they were all gone, except I think there is still one Karmelkorn stall in Takashimaya basement.

1 comment:

  1. hi. i am from CORNERY - the popcorn gallery. we are the supplier of gourmet popcorns to golden village cinemas. i am glad that you liked our butterscotch gourmet popcorn. our shop is at ION Orchard #B4-46 (Tel: 68846458). we offer 22 gourmet popcorn flavours in the shop including butterscotch. you are welcome to visit us. we are open everyday from 10 am to 10 pm. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...