Tuesday 31 March 2009

MIA

What a beautiful dreamy morning, with hardly any clouds and the weather cool at around 27°C. Usually the hot spell nowadays hovers around 34°C! I am basking in the rare comfort of the cool and happy weather. And it makes me happy!

These few days, I am in a contented and relaxed mood. After a hiatus of many months (or was it a year?) of "self-imposed isolation", meaning not much interaction with the outside world of friends and activities, I am slowly beginning to get out of that state. When I want to do a little soul searching, I go "MIA", meaning no one knows where I go, what I am doing and how is my situation. I just minded my own business and went about doing my own things. It is what I called, giving myself breathing space.

Sometimes things happened so fast that you do not have the chance to think. Sometimes people you meet and talk to, leave you with more question marks. With my gut feeling, if there are "question marks" encountered, more often than not, it is a warning sign to me to steer clear of these people and their intentions. Even people whom were friends and whom I doted so much. Or people who were strangers and just appeared and gone from my life. Sometimes people you meet may have some disagreements with you, or things happened that makes you boil inside, or you get scolding for nothing. Sometimes these people antagonise you so much. Whenever things are not smooth like these, I will avoid or walk away or go "MIA". Sometimes it is not only me who went MIA, sometimes others also do have the tendency to go MIA. Take a break, buddy.

I am slowly bouncing back. Many friends, some long-lost ones, have touched base with me, and it was a refreshing experience to catch up again. A friend who called me "honey beez", wrote to me about the big gathering. I said I would catch up with her soon. Another whom I have not seen for more than 10 years, he is now working in IBM and is asking to meet up for coffee. There is another friend whom I have not seen for 2 years I need to catch up with, and to see her dog. There are so many others that it will probably take me till the end of the year to catch up with individually. I am the sort who prefers to meet friends on a one-to-one basis rather than in a group. Because in a group, you cannot have a heart-to-heart talk. To me, that defeats the purpose of "catching up".

BTW, congratulations to Karen Cheng on the arrival of her 3rd boy, Liam!!! It was not easy to conceive this child, but all turned out well and good. Such a cute and adorable boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...