Monday 30 March 2009

Sometimes when we touch (base)

I am very busy meeting up with people from the past. 有缘千里来相会,无缘对面不相逢. It's my belief that those whom I have the fate to know in life, and to meet up yet again and again, are connected to me somehow or another from past lives. And I value this kind of affinity.

Met up with an ex-colleague last week, and had a good time catching up with her for 4 hours. We have not met each other for maybe 6 months. Although she is in the process of finding another new job, she did not have any regrets leaving the ex-company. Times are bad, hence the pressure is especially hard for sales people, who are accountable for the sales figures of the company.

One of my temp staff who worked for me for about 2-3 weeks, also sent me a message, wanting to meet up. She is just 20 years old, pretty and sweet. She is currently having her industrial attachment. I remembered her performance met my standards last time. I believe she will do well when she graduates. Another ex-staff, who is dealing with wines now, also sent her regards.

Another colleague who was in marketing, also emailed me. We have not met for almost 2 years. We would meet this week. Glad that she is doing well too, enjoying motherhood and travelling. We used to have such fun at work, while she was handling marketing programs for us sales people.

Chatted with another colleague who was in marketing as well. We have not met for 5 years! Well, I was in my ex-company for many years, hence I saw so many generations of people who came and went. So we have many different groups of people from different "eras". She was one of my closest colleagues in the company, but somehow we lost contact, till now. We would be meeting up this week.

This week, I am also meeting another group of 6 ex-colleagues from the earlier eras, as well as another 2 of my favourite sales guys. I will forgo another outing with another group because there are simply too many gatherings and people to meet up. I actually KIV-ed a few other meetings with people, some of which I have not met for more than 10 years!

It is really a warm feeling when we touch base with the people who were part of our lives a long time ago, a part of our past, reconnecting with the past. And I am glad they remembered me.

Let me dedicate this song to my ex-colleagues, especially to Ah Mich, who loves this song by Olivia Ong. See you soon, my dear! I miss you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...