Sunday 29 March 2009

Cinnamon roll lover

Today was raining cats and dogs. And I was on the road when the rain came suddenly and just poured and poured. Hence I was stuck at Rail Mall in Bukit Timah. The row of shops along Rail Mall were mostly cafes and restaurants, with a furniture shop, a dental clinic, a spa and an organic shop. I would have gone into one of the cafes if I was not that full.

There was also Cold Storage. So I went in instead. One thing I liked about premium supermarkets was, there were many other brands and items which were not available in local supermarkets catered to the masses, like NTUC Fairprice, Sheng Siong, Carrefour and Giant. I like premium supermarkets like Meidiya Supermarket, Jason's Market Place, Fairprice Finest and Cold Storage, although their prices were also a little "premium".

At the bread section, I discovered these bagel chips by NYC Bagel Factory. I normally do not like bagels because I found them hard and dry. I prefer my bread soft. But since these bagel chips were made in cinnamon raisin flavour, then it was a different matter. I love cinnamon rolls! The bagel chips were not too big in size, and they were baked till crispy, lightly coated with little sugar, raisins and a taste of cinnamon. To me, they were like cookies for tea time. I liked this crunchy cinnamon snack with its cute packaging.

Then immediately on the same shelf, I saw Cinnamon Rolls by Five Loaves! Let me reiterate ... I LOVE Cinnamon rolls! This was an alternative to the cinnamon rolls from the cafes which cost at least $2.80 per piece. This whole bag of 6 cinnamon rolls was $4.55. Of course there was defintely a difference. The usual cinnamon roll just melted in your mouth because it was so soft with lots of cinnamon powder all over. Whereas this, was more of bread. Nonetheless, I was happy with this find today.

I recalled having the superb mini cinnamon
rolls in Dubai a few months ago. The brand was Cinnabon, a worldwide chain selling different types of cinnamon rolls. It was sweet, exquisitely soft, and utterly heaven. Makes me drool thinking of them right now. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...