Saturday 18 April 2009

10 Stuff I Love

Randomly here are 10 stuff I have around the house which I love or can't do without daily.
1. Biore UV Bright Face Milk. As I get older, I am more wary of getting pigmentation or aging dark spots. So this small bottle is my saviour against the sun. It has SPF 50+ to ensure my skin gets maximum protection from harmful ultraviolet rays for at least 8 hours. I apply this before I step out of the house. It is light and smooth and costs only $9.90.

2. Royal Bouquet Luxury Hand Wash/Lotion. I am fussy with smells especially in the bathroom. So it must smell nice with room spray and hand wash. I like this brand by Baylis & Harding England. The Wild Bluebells & Hyacinth has a really lovely fragrance and goes well with the Lemon Honey Lotion. It is available in Watsons.

3. Parfum - Pleasure and Envy Delicious Me. Sometimes I do spray a little perfume although not everyday. The brands I use are Gucci's Envy Me, Estee Lauder's Pleasures and DKNY's Delicious. Usually I prefer to buy the smaller travel size bottles because it takes me a long time to finish the entire bottle. I don't like the perfume smell to turn funny or powdery if kept for too long.
4. FairPrice Anti-bacterial Wet Wipes. I absolutely cannot do without wet ones. I usually use wet tissues than the dry ones. It is so useful when dining outside. And a life saver in smelly trains, or taxis or buses.

5. Hisamitsu Salonpas 30. Whenever I have backaches, this helps sooth my pain. And it is different from the normal range. This one here has some organic ingredient in it and is painless when removed, hence very gentle for the skin. Rich Friend bought this from overseas, not sure if we have this range here.

6. Jolly Shandy! Inside my fridge, there must always be at least a can of Jolly Shandy. I just love drinking this cold and fizzy semi-alcoholic drink. Although I do not drink it everyday, I always ensure my fridge is well-stocked with these and some Root Beer.
7. Golden Wealth Abacus & Rice Bowl. These 2 items have been with me for many years and I display them together as I think they go hand in hand. I put this in the corner of my living room. The framed abacus and 6 chinese coins I bought from Robinsons many years ago. The gold plated rice bowl with a cover is one of my favourite fengshui items. It has the word 满 (abundance) too. I usually fill the bowl with real rice grains to the brim, as it is symbolic of 铁饭碗 (iron rice bowl) to ensure our career would be smooth.

8. Buddha Plaque. I love the look of this Buddha, so serene and calming. I bought this a few months ago in Dubai and lugged it back. Although I have another Buddha plaque in the living room, I like this one very much too. And it only costs about S$25.

9. Mala Beads. I have only one pair of mala beads for prayers. This is my first and only one and it is made of Agate, a crystal which I have an affinity with. This precious beads has been blessed by many highly enlightened gurus and masters, rinpoches and lamas. Th
ere was a period of many months last year when I was going through a bad patch which I could not find the beads even though I searched high and low in the house. It just refused to surface until recently.

10. Fridge Magnets From The World. On my fridge are many magnets which I have bought from all over the world during my travels. These are precious mementoes of the places I have been to. I always buy one or two magnets from each place, instead of buying too many other bulky souvenirs which I have no use for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...