Friday 17 April 2009

Birthday dinner

TGIF! In the evening, we went to Azabu Sabo Japanese Restaurant in Central for dinner to celebrate Mom's birthday. As it was Friday night, Central and the nearby Clarke Quay were very happening. Many restaurants were packed (where got recession?). We had wanted to go Waraku but there was a long queue. So ended up in Azabu Sabo which was not yet crowded. This was probably the 5th time I ate at this restaurant.

These were our dinner tonight. There were Kimchi & Pork Hotpot set, Beef Bento set, Curry Rice with Scallops & Seafood, Cheese Burger Steak with Plum rice, Unagi Bento and Pork Bento set.
The kids were more excited about desserts which was Azabu Sabo's specialty - Hokkaido Ice Cream. We ordered the Black Sesame Ice Cream with Macha and loads of other sweet stuff, and the Vanilla Ice Cream with Hotballs and sweet potatoes. The kids ordered their Ice Cream Chocolate Shake. After desserts, it was monkey time for them. And they each gave presents to their Grandma; the girl gave a nice card holder while the boy gave her a bookmark because Mom likes to read and is always reading a book.

I did not have much appetite today (in fact for this whole week) and my Curry Rice with Scallops was ..*yawn*.. not up to my standard. Think this would probably be my last meal with meat. Thinking of starting on a vegetarian diet tomorrow for one month or so. Feeling out of sorts, with my sprained neck and wrist condition, I am a little tired. I even had to cancel an important appointment tomorrow. I need to bounce back, need to revitalise, need to recharge! I need to go pujas soon!

Everyone else was quite full that we had to take a stroll along the Singapore River and Clarke Quay to soak in the atmosphere of the weekend crowd. The pubs and restaurants in Clarke Quay were doing good business. For a moment, I was tempted to go into one of those "in" places for a drink.

Here's the birthday girl with her flowers. I had ordered a bouquet of flowers online for Mom and had arranged for it to be delivered to her school around noon as she was working today. It was a bunch of sweet pink roses wrapped in pink netting. Attached in the card, we wrote "Dearest mom, wishing you happiness, great health and wealth always. Happy Birthday! We love you". Hope she had a nice birthday today and I pray that her health would always be good and may she enjoy many more happy and smooth years ahead in her twilight years.

I remember MLY's birthday as well, hence I also sent her a gift. I hope she had enjoyed her birthday and the gift. May the birthday girls have the blessings from the Buddhas always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...