Friday 17 April 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

Today, 17 April, is my mom's 66th birthday. These are photos of Mom in her younger days; Mom doing a catwalk, Mom in the garden at home, Mom in Thailand, Mom at the park. Somehow we always say the least to those we love the best. We often hope our thoughts are understood although they are unexpressed. I found this poem, specially dedicated to Mom.

If I could give you diamonds for each tear you cried for me.
If I could give you sapphires for each truth you’ve helped me see.
If I could give you rubies for the heartache that you’ve known
If I could give you pearls for the wisdom that you’ve shown.
Then you’ll have a treasure, mom,
That would mount up to the skies
That would almost match
The sparkle in your kind and loving eyes.
But I have no pearls, no diamonds.
As I’m sure you’re well aware
So I’ll give you gifts more precious,
My devotion, love and care.
For everything we shared,
The dreams, the laughter, and the tears,
I love you with a special love that deepens every year.

With all my love on your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...