Friday 10 April 2009

Je & Jo

These were my dinner tonight at TCC - Pan-seared Chicken Breast with Porcini Sauce and the dessert was Dark Devotion. The chicken was actually a little too small portion for me. I liked the mushroom flavoured sauce as well as the sweet sauce made from pumpkin, hence ensuring my chicken would not be too dry. The warm dark chocolate was a delight for dessert. I always confused TCC with Coffee Club. Coffee Club has the Mud Pie I love and which I was always looking for companion to share the huge dessert.

Met up
2 ex-colleagues today, Je and Jo. Funny thing was, Je and Jo barely knew each other when they were in the ex-company because Jo was Je's predecessor and she left 2 weeks after Je joined. Both Je and Jo were one of those few people in my ex-company whom I was closest with during their tenure. They "ruled" the finance unit while I was more on the marketing/sales side. Funny how fate played a part in re-connecting both of them back, and I was fate's link-up for them. I had casually recommended Jo to Je as I knew Je was unhappy in the company and looking for a change and Jo was also looking for staff. I tied both of them up again. So Je left the company to join Jo. Now they are both colleagues in the same company which is doing very well. Marvelous.

Tonight after one year of Je joining Jo's company, the 3 of us finally met up. To me it was a funny feeling meeting 2 of them at the same time as each of them was once one of my closest colleagues during different years. We had lots to catch up. It was really heart-warming. Jo was someone I confided in in terms of work and frustrations 5-6 years ago. She is an intelligent lady and my boss and myself liked her professionalism in her work alot. I liked her personality even more. So although she was younger than me, I respected her as she could advised me on finance and management matters. She said we clicked because I am the same age as her husband, hence my character so resembled that of her hubby, so she unders
tood me very well. Haha!

Je has been another of my lunch khaki for the past 4 years. Although she is a meticulous girl at work, she is also a very kind soul. She is one of those I missed when I left my ex-company. Tonight we spent about 5 hours chatting and chatting. Before parting I gave Je and Jo each a present which I just happened to buy earlier; Je as a belated birthday gift and Jo for her coming birthday. Je also surprised me with a gift. She said that was to thank me for getting her this current job. She bought me a violet Coach wristlet. I was really caught off guard and touched by her kind gesture. We shall meet again, when I have good news for them.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...