Monday 7 September 2009

Realisation

I was trying desperately to recall my dream last week but it was still very vague and I could not recall everything. I was in a very huge temple, and I saw some nuns and many many people congregating in a huge hall. There was also a tall monk talking to people, but I do not know who he was. I think there was a prayer session or something which was starting. My pretty Dharma friend, A, kept talking to me excitedly about something throughout the whole dream. Then we walked around exploring the place. Everyone seemed busy preparing for something. It was definitely at night as I remember it was quite dim. We walked outside of the temple to look around. It was pitch dark and quiet outside along the streets which was not ground level with one or two stray dogs walking around. I could not remember the rest.

Anyway, speaking of temple, I remember a few weeks ago, when I was in TCCL attending a puja. It was during the puja that I noticed these huge flower lanterns (almost 1 metre tall) hanging from the ceiling next to the altar. I have not seen any offering this size in any other temples before. Afterwards I learnt these were merit-increasing flower lanterns which devotees could offer. The meaning was "just as flowers bloom, create the cause for auspicious conditions for your wishes to come true" by making these flower lantern offerings at the temple hall.


It suddenly occurred to me during the puja, that these looked exactly like the huge flower offerings I saw in my another dream a few years ago of the great saint, Geshe Lama Konchog. In that auspicious dream, I was in a very crowded temple. Every worshipper there was busy kneeling, praying, doing prostrations and making offerings.


I remember the offerings were very unusual offerings that were very big. They have huge flower offerings and huge food offerings which I have never seen before anywhere. I followed suit by making these offerings. It was then a man there said he had to show me his master. Then he took out and showed me a photo of Lama Geshe Konchog!


It was a powerful realisation, when I finally saw in real life these huge flower lantern offerings for the very first time. Yes, and it was in this very temple founded under Geshe Lama Konchog's instructions. I was elated.

Oh, and I cannot wait to see this movie "Unmistaken Child", directed by Israeli director, Nati Baratz, which had enjoyed marvellous reviews in Europe. But I was crest-fallen when I learnt that it was already sold out! It is a movie about searching for the reincarnation of Geshe Lama Konchog. He is eventually found and enthroned as Tenzin Phuntsok Rinpoche. He is 6 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...