Tuesday 29 December 2009

The slow rhythm of waiting

Today I went to pay my bills at the AXS machine. There was such a long queue that I decided to have lunch first, as I was famished.  Even after my lunch, the queue at the AXS machine was still long. With no choice, I went ahead to queue anyway.


There was a young girl in front of me wearing a yellow T-shirt, chatting with presumably her friend. Then it was her turn at the machine. As I had already waited for the other few in front of me for a while, I thought this girl, like the rest, was taking an even longer time to finish her task.  I got a little impatient as the minutes ticked by. And finally, just as I was about to give up and almost wanted to hint to the girl to hurry up, I saw at the back of the yellow T-shirt she was wearing were printed these words "I'm a slow learner."  Immediately I stopped at my track, and recovered myself (from impatience and frustration), then I felt somewhat guilty. I guess it takes little encounters like these to help us learn a little patience sometimes. And patience is the companion of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...