Sunday 10 January 2010

Sky Lucks Thai

Over the weekend, I brought my parents to this new eating joint called Guillemard Village (where the former Badminton Hall used to be). This place has become somewhat like a non-airconditioned 24-hour food court with many stalls selling the usual local suspects. The place was actually very airy and windy, with practically no crowd (being new).

What caught my eye was this Thai stall with a slightly weird name, Sky Lucks. Been a long time since I last had Thai food, so we decided to try. Actually they were almost like a mini restaurant, with a very comprehensive menu of all the Thai dishes and set meals. They have people to serve you as well, not self-service. And most of their chefs and staff are Thai too. So I expected some quality Thai food. 


We ordered the Thai Mango Salad, which was so appetising, sour and spicy and very nice. They were quite generous with the Pineapple Rice, topped with cut cucumber, pork floss and cashew nuts. Likewise they were generous with the portion of the Green Curry Chicken which was a sweeter version of our red curry chicken. I liked the  milky coconut gravy which went very well with rice. We also tried the Phad Thai, a stir-fried kway teow dish which was filled with a delicious smoky flavour.   
 
This Thai dish was my favourite - Cuttlefish In Lemon Sauce. I have tried this in Bangkok twice, once with fish and another time with cuttlefish. The lemon sauce was so sour and shiok that I have been wanting to find this dish during my last trip. Unfortunately I didn't know it was actually lemon sauce and didn't know what it was called in Thai. The dish is usually served in an iron wok with the shape of a fish and kept warm with fire at the bottom. When I saw the picture of this dish on the menu, I was so excited that I MUST order it. It did not disappoint.

Basically almost all these dishes included chilli padi. Just be careful and pick out the cut chilli if you do not wish to kill your tongue. I would go back to try the other dishes when we have more people. 

The address is at 102 Guillemard Road, Guillemard Village, Singapore 399719.

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious ... will try one of these days ... :)

    Haven't been there for very long time ... actually, only went once when Fatty Weng still there ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric
    Yes it was where Fatty Weng used to be. It's not so crowded yet, good if you have a kid with you, its airy and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *THB takes down address*

    I love Thai food esp when it comes in chili padi!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...