Sunday 20 November 2005

Mama-nim

Had a reasonably nice weekend. Sat morning went to my niece's new school for her orientation. She is starting Primary One next year in Mahabodhi School, a very good school. As her parents queue up to purchase her uniforms and books, I surveyed the premises. The place is a little run down. They are rebuilding the school next year. In the courtyard where students assemble every morning, stood a big statue of Buddha. My sis, Raee and myself bowed our heads and clasped our hands in silent prayers. I pray that Buddha will oversee Raee's development in school and also in her spiritual path. We were really delighted that Raee finally did managed to gain admission into Mahabodhi. Buddha did hear my prayers earlier. Thank you, dear Tatagatha, The Blessed One.

Sun went lunch with Mom, Granny, Aunt Stella and my godbro to a Korean restaurant I frequented. I found their prices very economical and food good. I like their set lunch of a main BBQ dish with rice and a few dishes of their appetisers like kimchi, beansprouts, fish cakes, veggies etc etc. We had their set lunch, and also tried spicy kimchi ramen and ginseng soup. Mom was craving for Korean food after watching "Jewel In The Palace" where the royal maid-main lead actress, ChangJin cooked many delectable interesting dishes we have never seen before. I like the character of Lady Han, played by actress Yang Mi-Kyung, who was the mentor of ChangJin. Reel life and real life she looked so different, but nevertheless she is so so elegant and pretty in both. Watching this K drama series is our nightly affair. Ever so often, every few minutes, "Mama nim...." and "Ye...Ye" are uttered. "Mama ni" is how they address any elderly ladies or seniors and even the Empress. And "Ye" simply means "yes". Their speech and gentle demeanour are stuck in my mind right now. Ye...

This weekend also attended my dharma teachings by HE Lati Rinpoche in the evenings.
I guess it did make my life more meaningful and me more grounded. Ye...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...