Friday 22 December 2006

A donation of love

Hallyu stars spread holiday giving spirit (2006/12/21)

Hallyu stars Lee Young-ae and Lee Joon-ki are spreading the holiday spirit by making donations of 100 million won and 2 million won, respectively, to local organizations on Thursday (Dec. 21)

Lee Young-ae
, best known to Asian fans for her performance in the television drama "Jewel in the Palace" ("Dae Jang Geum"), visited the Asan Medical Center in Pungnab-dong, Seoul, for a ceremony in which she handed over the donation in the presence of children and adult patients suffering from terminal diseases. She also spoke with the patients in private.

During the ceremony, she apologized for creating a scene when there are many people who help without others knowing.

"On the other hand, I hope that my doing this will inspire those who don't know how to help or are not brave enough to act on their desire to help", she said.The money will be used by the hospital to help 13 patients.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Yonhap News:

Actress Lee Young-Ae donated 100 million won for patients in need of financial aid. She delivered the 'donation of love' this morning at Asan Medical Center's conference room, and took photographs with the patients. The hospital will use her donation for 13 patients who require liver transplant, bone-marrow transplant and anticancer treatment by spending 5 to 20 million won per patient.

Park Geon-Chung (head of the medical center): Thank you, Korea's top star Ms. Lee Young-Ae. She is called oxygen lady. We're honored to have her, who brightens the world, sharing her precious time with us today.

YA: I had told (the hospital) that you (patients and family) should not feel burdened (to attend this meeting) because you are sick, but thank you so much for coming despite the cold weather. I know that there are lots of people who donate without exposing themselves to the public, and I feel guilty for creating so much fuss over my donation. On the other hand, I also felt the need to encourage people who have intentions to donate but don't have the courage, like myself. I thought of it recently, and that's why I decided to come forward. I hope that my donation, although it's not much, can be of help to you, and that you will never lose courage.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I love my idol!
Young-Ae, Seun-tan Chukahae-yo~~!!! Meli K'lisŭmasŭ !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...