Saturday 14 September 2013

Diandin Leluk..... aroi mak mak nah...

It's been a long time since I last blogged about food!


I've always wanted to visit Diandin Leluk at Golden Mile Complex in Beach Road to try the Thai food which has many rave reviews, but somehow always did not managed to. I finally went a couple of weeks ago with a friend. It is a simple eating place at the basement of Golden Mile Complex, the place otherwise known as "Little Thailand". It looks more like a coffee shop among the rest of the old shops mostly selling Thai stuff, food, spices and groceries. 

Different Thai Condiments. One thing in Thai restaurants is the variety of condiments available to enhance your dishes; chilli powder, chilli oil, sugar, garlic etc. Frankly I hardly touch the condiments because the dishes are flavourful and spicy enough for my taste buds. 

Fried Fish & Veggies with Paste. This dish is something new to me, lightly grilled fish with assortment of raw and plain steamed veggies, something like a fish salad. You are supposed to eat the fish and veggies with the pungent spicy shrimp paste dip. I didn't really like it as some of the veggies tasted weird with the combination of fish and sauce, a tad fishy. I should have just ordered a stir fry vegetables dish instead. But I suppose this is a staple dish in any Thai household. 

Dry Curry Chicken. This was so yummy spicy and well delivered. The dry form of curry is slightly stronger and bursting with the aroma of the spices. I just love thai curries, red or green or otherwise. :P

Tom Yum Seafood Soup.  We should not patronise a Thai eating place without ordering Tom yum soup. The Seafood Tom Yum Soup came in a pot and burner to ensure your soup is piping hot. Its taste will literally wake all your senses, thick, spicy, tangy, and a heartening brew indeed, especially on a rainy evening.

Steamed Thai Otak. This is my favourite dish. The Otak Otak is so soft and hot it came in pandan leaves. One can still taste the ingredients in the mix like fish pieces. It is totally different experience from our local otak otak which is grilled in banana leaf and hence harder. I highly recommend this. 

Durian Sweet Sticky Rice. I love sticky rice. Of course we should try the sweet sticky with durian or mango. I was a little disappointed as the sticky rice was too mashy and hard and the durian was not as fresh as I like it. I guess it is tough to please me for this dessert as compared to the one my aunt in Thailand makes. I always remember how aromatic and soft her sticky rice is and how robust and sweet her fresh durian is. So everything else pales in comparison with hers. 

Bobo Chacha. The bobo chacha was enjoyable and something cold to cool down our taste buds after all the spicy dishes. 

Lemongrass drink. I would usually order lemongrass drink in Thai restaurants as its their signature drink. Again something to cool the system after all the eating. 


I would visit Diandin Leluk again to try other dishes next time. The prices are reasonable and the quality of food authentic Thai. We should continue to preserve this type of restaurants in Singapore, a reminder of the Land of Smiles. 

Diandin Leluk Thai Restaurant
5001, Beach Road, 
Golden Mile Complex, 
Singapore 199588.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...