Wednesday 25 December 2013

My blog is 9 years old !!!

Christmas Day is also my blog's anniversary. Life of Lopsided 8 blog is 9 years old today!!! I remember it was started on a bored and melancholic mood, and I didn't expect it to last that long. 9 long years is equivalent to 3652 days or 87,658 hours of blogging. Wow... (or 'Walau eh' in Singapore context). 

For the first couple of years, LOL8 was literally unknown, and I preferred it that way. I was just documenting my life then as if in a diary. Then I started sharing about Buddhism and how I became a Tibetan Buddhist around the same time. The Vajrayana path is the same, it only means I have to work doubly hard because it is the quickest possible path to achieve enlightenment. I enjoy sharing my experiences and how my life evolves around the core focus of my practice. 

I may not be rich or successful in the material sense, but I am certainly very blessed and wealthy in the spiritual way. I often think, if I had focus my blog on food (not that there's a lack of food postings), or about travel or any special area, I might have become more well known, like all the other fellow bloggers in the mainstream social media. But I chose just to write about what's more important to me; enjoying the present precious human life, my experiences in the path as a Buddhist practitioner, as well as trying to be better and training my mind.

Over the years, I've received many heartwarming messages from readers who are grateful for some information on Buddhism, or who just needed some advice on their problems. Some even became friends.  I'm not an expert in the subject, I'm only sharing what my gurus have taught me. I'm glad to share and I hope they will find their own path in time to come. 

May my path learning to be a Bodhisattva be smooth without obstacles. In Buddhism, a bodhisattva is an enlightened being. Traditionally, a bodhisattva is anyone who, motivated by great compassion, has generated bodhicitta  who has a spontaneous wish to attain Buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient beings. In a way, Jesus Christ is also considered a Bodhisattva. How appropriate then that my blog is born on Christmas Day. Haha! May all be auspicious!

If you're my blog reader or follower, thank you for the years of support and encouragement. Hope I will keep on writing. Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...