Monday 19 September 2005

Utterly spoilt?

Yes, I admit I had to be the doting aunt who spoil my niece and nephew silly.

I just can't resist buying kids stuff for Raee and Raegan. Especially little girl's stuff... I am spoilt for choice, there are millions to choose from, toys, dresses, books, quirky stuff, cute stuff etc.... Raee loves the Sleeping Beauty Princess Aurora, so I almost went crazy with her, looking at Aurora's dresses, tshirts, bags, stationary (the whole set), books, Aurora dolls, water bottles, slippers/shoes etc.... Last time it was Powerpuff Girls. Not forgetting Barbie. On top of this, she loves all things pink, girly nail polish, little trinkets, little make up kits, little soft toys. She also loves art and craft...ie. the beads making kit, materials to make a diary, the tattoe-making machine, ice cream sticks to make houses..... the list is endless..... there are also CDs, VCDs, movies ......and I buy them sweets, chocolates, Pocky sticks, chicken biscuits, crackers, lollipops etc etc... every other day. I am utterly spoilt for choices. Bloody clever retailers *sigh*

Raegan's 4th birthday is coming up next month 11 October and I have already started shopping for his gift/s. This year, I gather I will most probably end up with a big "hamper" for him. One by one, I have found so many items which might capture his fancy. As of now, I have bought him a mini Batman driving game, a Gransazer toy model, a colourful cute shirt and an Espirit Tshirt, and OshKosh sandals! My sis is going to scold me silly, I know. But nevermind, their excited looks and happy smiles make each time worth it, every time.

My thinking is, since the parents are strict, why can't I be the doting aunt? When my sis and I were young, we did not have so many toys to play with or "luxuries" like Raee. Each small item of Hello Kitty, Little Twin Stars, My Melody we did own, we treasured it like there were no tomorrow. I just do not want my niece and nephew to feel deprived, like we did. After all, they are only kids ONCE.

We should treat each day as if its our last, then we can appreciate people and things around us better. That's my attitude now.... since I treat each day as my last, I will want to buy all the things in the world that I can afford for my niece and nephew, simply because, what if I cannot do it the next day? I believe kids should have a sweet memory of their childhood and of the people that are a part of their childhood memories
. They are a part of my sweet memories, and I hope to be the same for them too.

"Because everything changes from moment to moment,we can only treasure everything in this moment." - Stonepeace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...