Thursday 19 January 2006

Connection with Amitabha

Over the past weekend, His Eminence 9th Neyphug Trulku Rinpoche arrived in Singapore again. After an interval of one year. He is a reincarnated lama who is only 26 years old but far more wiser than his years. He was an emanation of Amitabha Buddha (the Buddha of Limitless Light) and in later emanations, as Yeshe Yang, one of the 25 Chief Disciples of Guru Rinpoche (Guru Padmasambhava).

His Eminence just came out of a retreat where he meditated alone in a small hut on a mountain for the past 6 months. It was said that during this time, the mantra of Guru Rinpoche appeared spontaneously on the rocks nearby. I saw the photos with my own eyes. I attended his teachings for 2 nights. He recognised me and smiled so politely. He was the very first rinpoche /lama I met for the very first time in the beginning of last year. So I felt a certain closeness to him. His topics were as unusual as himself. He taught us how to get rid of our "colourful mind" and also taught us where to get the "best mental painkiller from Buddha". He held a private audience with me briefly. He held my hand to speak to me ever so gently and kindly and asked if I understood what he has taught. Rinpoche spoke very good English. At the same time, he blessed me. I was in full bliss !

On the 3rd night, I was even more thrilled because my parents had for the very first time attended an initiation with me and it was the empowerment of the Long Life Buddha (who is also an emanation of Amitabha Buddha). I had hope it will give my parents a long and healthy life with no obstacles. And it was the night before my mom's operation. Hence I was all the more grateful to Rinpoche for this wonderful opportunity to have my parents made the connection with him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...