Friday 15 January 2016

A little happiness

shouldn't be blogging at this time, when I'm supposed to fly in less than 24 hours' time. I'm due at Chiangmai for meetings for 5 days, but boy, the prep work had already started since I welcomed 2016. Or even earlier. I've been surviving on only 4 hours sleep every night. 

I finally almost wrapped up what I needed to do.  It had been a whirlwind couple of weeks. Among other stuff, I was struggling to complete writing a piece of work, which took me a long time. Not that I couldn't write, I just couldn't focus. In the end, I finished it in a day, while my mind was somewhere else the past 2 weeks. Reminds me of school and exams. I used to dilly dally kept myself busy with everything else except the one crucial thing I was supposed to get done. I'm a 'last minute' kind when it comes to work or studies. Or you can also call me genius. 

Anyway, apart from being busy, 2016 has been awesome so far, with plenty of good news. 

I love my job. I guess shifting to a new office had better feng shui because I am happier, more independent, and the company is doing well. We just closed a big deal a couple of days ago. And it will be another year of travelling for work. Yay for travels, even though it's not vacation.

My guru is already here in Singapore  and I supposedly had to miss his teachings because I would be in Chiangmai. But with last minute changes Rinpoche postponed the teachings until after I'm back. Lucky or what? I'm grateful for the blessings in disguise. 

I'm also thankful the arrival of the different groups of monks have been in quick succession without much hiccups. As long as monks can be there, they are able to benefit so many people with their prayers and rituals. 

This week, my niece turned 17 the day she received her O levels results and what a wonderful gift it was. She scored 4 points, which means she gets to go to any top JC of her choice! I'm so proud of her not just because of her good results, but for being such a kind, considerate and mature girl who never wanted you to spend too much money on her. Such a lovable character and she never has much temper. Time flies. I still remember she was our angelic looking curly hair little girl who loves  to draw. I've kept some of her drawings which she drew for me. When she was a baby, she could sleep like a log and no matter how much we jostled and tried to wake her, she continued to sleep. May she be happy always. 

I've started 2016 with a clean slate of health, after 3 weeks of detoxification and purification, from Chinese medicine and watching my diet. For a start,  I've cut off cold soft drinks (byes, Sarsi and Jolly Shandy) as well as oily food. I replaced it with hot honey ginger instead. I also started taking collagen drink to rejuvenate my dry skin and overall health and it aids sleep too. No more upset tummy and backache. 

I'm the most happy that the emotions I felt in 2015 are left behind. It was a mixed year of bliss yet filled with sadness at times and I tend to dwell on the disappointments. I don't like that helpless feeling. Incidents or people who made upset I tried to close both eyes. Easier said than done, I know.  I resolve to treat these people even better and it works. I got warm-heartedness in return. And those I love, I continue to do so with unshakeable faith and devotion. I always reminds myself of the bigger picture. Don't sweat the small stuff. 

My favourite Chinese song of 2015 should be 小幸运 by Hebe. Beautiful lyrics too. It kinda sums up this year. A little happiness. 

小幸运 A little happiness

我聽見雨滴落在青青草地
我聽見遠方下課鐘聲響起
可是我沒有聽見你的聲音
認真 呼喚我姓名
愛上你的時候還不懂感情
離別了才覺得刻骨 銘心
為什麼沒有發現遇見了你
是生命最好的事情
也許當時忙著微笑和哭泣
忙著追逐天空中的流星
人理所當然的忘記
是誰風裏雨裏一直默默守護在原地
原來你是我最想留住的幸運
原來我們和愛情曾經靠得那麼近
那為我對抗世界的決定
那陪我淋的雨
一幕幕都是你 一塵不染的真心
與你相遇 好幸運
可我已失去為你淚流滿面的權利
但願在我看不到的天際
你張開了雙翼
遇見你的註定
她會有多幸運


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...