Thursday 6 July 2006

Wah biang!


What a day! What a day for a birthday!

This morning it rained heavily. I took it as it meant wealth! I was stuck at home could not get out of the house. Called for a cab, managed to book one after 15 minutes. Waited for 25 minutes, the cab did not showed up. Complained to the cab company who found me another cab finally. While on the way to office, my colleague called, informing me that all the 18 lifts in my office broke down due to thunder and lightning. But I was already half way there. Birthday smses kept coming. First call was from god bro who wanted to buy me dinner. Real glad he remembered. My friend B also sent me birthday greetings.

Reached office building. Took my own sweet time to the fix my pair of shoes at the cobbler's and spent some time shopping at Watsons. Alas after all the deliberate dilly-dallying, the queue at the lift area was a long long snake of people still waiting to go upstairs (only one back-up lift was functioning). The air was stuffy and hot. Saw quite a number of my colleagues and we lamented at our state. I should have slept longer at home. Birthday smses kept coming. Joan and Veg sent greetings from Perth.

Finally at 11.30am almost lunchtime our turn at the lift came and we reached our 33rd floor office. The air was hot and stuffy too inside the office. My upper left eye started twitching non-stop. Real hard. I couldn't concentrate on work. Birthday smses kept coming. My sis sent birthday sms. Aunt Doreen sent birthday email. She finally got my birthday right. Hehe, every year she will call me on 7 June (one month earlier) to wish me happy birthday.

At noon my 3 marketing gals and 2 colleagues bought me lunch at a Jap restaurant. And they surprised me with a cake too. Real touched as I normally am quite shy about birthday, do not really like to celebrate my birthdays. I don't know what is the big hooha, really. But anyway, at least they bothered. Birthday smses kept coming. Jess sent me birthday sms.

After lunch finally settled down to work but was too sleepy after the heavy lunch. My left eye kept twitching. Aunt Stella called wishing me happy birthday, and as usual asked me if i knew why she remembered. I said yeah yeah I know. It's because her Korean idol Lee Beng Hyung's birthday is very close to mine too! Real "flattered"! She wanted to treat me to the Korean movie "King & Clown". Birthday smses kept coming. One fengshui master told me the good news that he has selected quite a number of units of my new house area for me and he has dropped the info in my letterbox. And he did not charged me a single cent. I am real grateful.

Dinner time went to sis house for dinner, cut the cake again! This year I cut the BD cake thrice. My sweet niece made me a card with a pack of biscuits she bought from school with her own pocket money. So sweet. The night before we have actually celebrated at the seafood restaurant with the family. They ordered my favourite chilli crab. They didn't know my interest in crabs have waned because I could not bring myself to eat these poor creatures as I have released lives for crabs and fishes often. Afterwards, we proceeded to Geylang for durians. It was fun. It was family bonding time.

During dinner tonight, we got the good news that my cousin who was in a coma has finally woke up and seemed to be able to recognise people. It was a personal relief for me. So my dream about her 3 days ago was a good omen. This piece of news was enough a birthday gift for me. Tonight came home, and saw the small parcel Aunt Joan sent me. It was the Sutra of Amitabha Buddha with an air brush. I am supposed to transcribe and write on the entire sutra in chinese words in the booklet. It was said that doing that will bring me immeasurable good merits. It was a sweet gift to me. Birthday smses kept coming. YQ sent greetings too which was a surprise to me.

And it's today that I discovered a friend was using the tiny gift I gave to this friend long ago. This was another surprise to me. Some more, this friend also wished me happy birthday. Wah biang!

Today is also the birthday of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the reincarnation of Chenrezig (Goddess Guan Yin). I wish to dedicate my merits to the long and healthy life of His Holiness. May all his dharma wishes and projects be immediately completed and fulfilled and may the Dharma remains in these degenerating times till the coming of Buddha Maitreya.

Thanks to all who made my birthday quite an "adventure" this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...