Wednesday 28 May 2008

My art piece

My artwork unveiled - my new house. This is totally designed by me, no frills, no fuss.
1. Bought a huge marble table (1.5m in diameter), customised to the colour of dark teak wood and 8 matching chairs. It can fill up to 10 people at one sitting.
2. Dark brown real leather huge 2 by 3 seaters with one matching armchair with leg rest.
3. My very beautiful Guanyin statue which mom fell in love with, and I placed the 2 small stupas of Buddha's relics with the Guanyin.
4. My late granny's antique chest is next to the armchair in the living room with the money plant on top.
5. The laughing Maitreya buddha statue stands on the coffee table at the far end of my living room, diagonally from my main entrance, with the "pineapple" plant.
6. The dark brown teak TV console and our 42" Full-HD TV. I chose a dark dull green for the wall behind as a background, because I believe we need to rest our eyes from too much TV from time to time.
7. On the dark green wall, also sits a silver clock, subtlely adorning the wall, not too harsh, not too obvious as if shouting "I am a clock!"
8. On the big coffee table in the living room, is a red maroon vase with real coins and chinese coins, abacus and gold bars inside, a wealth vase.
9. The long chest of drawers leading from the main entrance into the house, where a huge round pearl-like lamp is turned on every evening.
10. Many people love the entire stretch of L-shape cupboard I designed for storage purpose - a very Zen dark colour. The whole stretch includes one altar, one huge shoe cabinet as well as a feature wall covering the bomb shelter, and also a cabinet that stores all the long sticks like brooms, mop, dust pan and umbrellas.
11. I did not need to do anything for the blue theme bathroom. I only added the shower screen and the wave-like mirror and glass shelves.
12. My kitchen takes on a silver theme with a black granite top and a huge granite sink and stylo mylo tap.
13. I was happy with the cooker and hob and oven combination. I was happy I managed to find a nice compact looking 4 burners - for fengshui purpose.
14. I did not need to buy the fridge and washing machines - from the old house. Adorning the fridge are all my magnets of souvenirs of all the countries I travelled to before.
15. For all my bedrooms, one side of the wall will have a different colour from the white walls. My bedroom and the guest room's theme is dull lime green while my parents' is a brown beige wall (to match their beige orange bathroom).
16. At my main door, I made pebble flooring with 4 pieces of black tiles that leads towards the living room. As the shoe cabinet is there, this prevents unsightly scratches on my otherwise beige tiles. I hang a wind chime on the door knob of my wooden door.
17. I love my gate with the wavy prints and 10 round circles (looks like 10 gold coins). I chose the Gold colour iron wrought gate design, as well as the blue mat outside the main door.
18. Most importantly, I pasted many blessed auspicious mantras above my main door, both inside and outside my door.
19. And thanks to friends who bought me the house warming gift - a DVD recordable player cum balloons and all the rest who gave gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...