Sunday 4 January 2009

09/09/09


8-9 years ago, I told a gal, if anyone asked her when she was getting married (to ward off kaypoh people), just tell them 09/09/09 ( I was half joking ). Because...

1. Then, it was a long time before 2009, she has plenty of time to decide who she wanted to marry. She and her beau have known each other for a decade now.

2. That date is once-in-a-lifetime unique day, and it has a nice meaning "9" means 九 in chinese and 九 sounds like 久, which means 长长久久 (eternal bliss).

3. My twin boy cousins were born on 09/09/99 so I suggested to her the next decade which will fall on 2009.

4. By 2009, she would be in her late 30s and would have had a successful career by then, so it is indeed time to tie the knot, although I would not have guessed then that she would have waited so long to do it.

And I am real elated that she is heeding my "advice" and she is indeed getting married on 09/09/09 this year. 朋友, 好久不见, 你还好吗?

I wish the love birds eternal bliss. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...