Tuesday 24 February 2009

A bread thing

After a meeting today, I went to The Central for my lunch as it has been a long time since I was there. Next to Central was Clarke Quay. I managed to have a short stroll (5 minutes) besides the river after my lunch, until it began to drizzle. Captured a shot of the river and Clarke Quay, through the eye of this art piece. Beautiful cool afternoon.

At the basement of Central where all the F&B shops were, I bought bread from Petit Provence Bakery, another Japanese shop selling bread. Whenever I visit the Central, I would buy back the bread. I love soft bread. These were the 2 types which I always buy - the Cheese Ball and Choco/Cream Wassants.

I have not tried the others because these 2 types I tried and I liked them, so everytime I would just buy these. The thi
ng about Japanese bread is they are really soft and light. Hence, you would not get a bloated feeling after eating them. And these in Petit Provence were bite-size, so very easy and convenient to pop into the mouth.

I like the Cheese Ball because it did not taste like normal bread. It was very chewy and there was hardly any faintest hint of cheese in the bun, which was fine with me (I personally do not like cheese). The Choco and Cream Wassants came in packets of 10 inside. It was small in size too and looked like a croissant. Both were again very soft and not too sweet.

I am a bread lover, especially soft bread that was not too sweet. Mostly, I like to eat my bread "as is" without anything inside, just plain. I do not really fancy wheat bread or oat bread or whatever bread that is hard and belongs to the "healthy" category. Unless they are from Europe, those freshly baked crusted bread that was hard on the outside and soft inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...