Tuesday 24 February 2009

The darker and deeper side of it

These are a collection of photos I snapped from time to time - when it was raining. My photography skills do not do justice to the beauty of the weather. I remember once upon a time, a girlfriend was waxing lyrical about how beautiful the photos a guy has taken on their maiden trip to somewhere *roll eyes*. The guy was just an amatuer pro, plus his camera was even better. To me, anyone could take a good photo or two. I am just using my mobile phone most of the time or my very old and reliable Panasonic Lumix. So I could not do wonders to my snaps. I am thinking of getting a DSLR.

Anyway, back to the topic of rain. Dark skies, threatening clouds, and the rain, all conjure a melancholic mood. To me, melancholy does not necessarily mean sad. When it rains, it is just a chance for me to quieten down, breathe in, and just relax, without thinking of anything, and to just enjoy the downpour and the coolness that comes with it. It sort of calms me down, it sort of invigorates me. When it rains, I hear the pitter patter of the rain, I see the accompanying darkness, I feel an invisible shield envelops me, and a silence swamps me. And this is the time when my mind can be near empty. And once the rain stops, it is also when the sun comes out, and everything becomes brighter, everything returns to normal.
It's time to start afresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...