Tuesday 3 February 2009

Hey Handsome

I have a new boyfriend. A crazy friend gave him to me. He is this aloof and suave and serious-looking man (figurine, to be exact). He actually looked like he is frowning/angry, or to put it nicely, full of angst?

Well, I was given a choice of 2 figurines, one was this fella, and the other was a fair and gentle looking man (figurine) with pressed combed back hair. Of course I chose this man lah. I shall nickname him Macho for now. I would rather a manly aloof man than a limpid smiling man. And I prefer Macho's full crowning glory than the other's neatly combed hair. Macho is so rugged that he even has a scar across his left cheek. I prefer the ruggedly casual or smart casual look than the executive jacket look for a man.

Maybe subconsciously, this explains the disparity between our ideal dream man versus the reality boring man. The dream prince charming would look so handsome, to say the least, with well-built tanned muscles, has the bad-boy attitude, yet gentle and responsive to you. The dream man would be the ideal communicator, the best listening ear, the intelligent lover, as well as, ahem, cash-laden. Whereas the normal regular, reality guy, is usually oh, just the total opposite.

This is the first time I own such a toy. I heard you can buy different pieces of clothes to dress him. Some collectors of figurines are so enamored that they would collect different types and let these men wear uniforms or fighter wear or soldier garb. Hmm.... I am fine with what Macho is wearing (the most you can strip him bare, HAHA). Thank God my friend did not give me some wrestler or some hideous looking fella. Also luckily I was not given a soccer celebrity figurine (I only like Michael Owens, and no one else, but Michael Owens is already past and passe). Look at Macho's nimble limbs and proportionate body, you can make him pose in any way. But I think I like his sharp nose and mouth and chin the best. Now I have to think what to do with this Macho. Maybe my nephew will steal him away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...