Tuesday 3 February 2009

Spicy Black Pork Shabu Shabu Ramen

Was at Raffles Place today and happened to lunch in Ichibantei in China Square. Ichibantei is a small joint catering to lunch time crowd. The menu has limited dishes and limited seating space as well. They mainly focus on Ramen and the highlight was the Black Pork Shabu Shabu Ramen.

Black Pork is supposedly a very tender type of pork. I am a porky and soup person. For ramen, I normally order Charshu Ramen. However today I wanted to try the Spicy Black Pork Shabu Shabu Ramen instead. They are thinly sliced pork on top of the ramen in a milky soup. And they serve this Spicy or Non-Spicy. I chose Spicy because anything spicy in Japanese would not be spicy for my tastebuds.

I was sold. The ramen was very QQ and chewy and the rich soup broth was very good. To me, these 2 were very important factors in ramen. It was such a simple bowl of ramen but it tasted heavenly, I finished every drop of the creamy soup. And the side dish of 2 fried prawns was very fresh too. Compared to the Jap food I had in Edogawa the other day, this was truly heaven. Ichibantei ..... ichiban ne!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...