Sunday 22 February 2009

Mama Bakery

Hidden in one of the meandering shops in Novena Square 2, the newer wing, was a Japanese bakery, Mama Bakery, on the 2nd floor. It was owned by a cute and very friendly old Japanese lady named Madam Kaneko. She was especially friendly to children. I saw her stuffing sweets to the kids and playing with the babies.

I just discovered this bread store cum cafe. I like the al fresco styled ambience on the outside, where you could have coffee or tea with their bread. With just a few tables and water feature, it overlooked the private residences and big field of nearby Novena area.

I had a cuppa tea and a loaf of their signature chocolate bread. As it was raining, it was lovely and relaxing with a cool breeze. I enjoyed their wonderful not-so-sweet chocolate bread which was so soft.

I understand the bakery already had its share of regular customers during lunch time, tea time or dinner time. I saw steady streams of customers flowing in all the time as I sat there.

As I was not fully recovered yet, I did not try the rest of the other bread and buns like the light cheese bread, peanut butter, melon bun, potato ham, choco custard
, seafood mayo, banana caramel, cranberry and cream cheese, caramel chocolate banana, curry lobster, choco pear etc...

I heard every evening after 6pm or 7pm, all the breads were going for half price as they always ensured their bread was freshly baked and not overnight. I would go back and try the rest soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...