Wednesday 18 February 2009

My own dessert

This was my dinner tonight. A simple spaghetti with pork balls for dinner and banana prata for dessert.

For the spaghetti which was pretty straight forward, I marinated the minced meat, sliced the mushrooms, and chopped tomatoes, as well as added chopped streaky bacons so that it would be more flavoured. Think I added too much salt on the tomato sauce, as it turned out a little too salty but still edible. I love meatballs but I do not take them anymore as I do not take beef. So thought the pork meatballs could be a substitute. Far from the real thing.

The dessert, banana prata, was an inspiration from what I ate in Botanic Gardens foodcourt and from what I found from the net. Cut up slices of banana and stacked them on top my roti prata dough and spread condensed milk on top of it. Then I used another dough to cover the top before throwing them to the pan. The result was ok, a sweet dessert. However I think the banana needed to be real ripe and soft so that it could really merged into the prata. The banana used was not ripe enough, hence it tasted a tiny bit sour. It was a reasonable first time try. I will do it better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...