Tuesday 17 February 2009

Pet mania

Ok, the fever made me do it. Was down with cough and then intermittent fever since last week, so I was up on most nights nursing that cough as it made me unable to sleep properly. So I went Facebook and accepted the invitation by many FB friends to join the Pet Society. Thought it was another pet thingy.

Boy, was I hooked for a while. There were so many stuff you could do with your pet. You could design your own pet, choose its sex and name, and choose from many different details, from the different types of ears to heads to crowns to eyebrows to eyes to noses to cheeks to chins. And if you change your mind about your pet's look over time, you could still change the different parts. This is my pet, it ended up looking like a cross between a pig and rat, I think.

You could also dress your pet with tons of accessories, from the caps to eyewear, to tops to bottoms to shoes to hand accessories. Wah so many choices you were spoilt for choice. Then there was a house allocated for you with one room. As you accumulate your Paw Points up different levels, you were awarded with more rooms.

Within a short one week whenever I was home, I login Pet Society. I shot up different levels, now I am already at Level 29, got the biggest house there was - 6 rooms. You were free to decorate the rooms in the house anyway you like with zillions of choices again - there was a Furniture shop, a Cafe (where you buy stuff, meet and possibly visit other strangers' pet friends), a DIY shop, a Clothes shop, a Stylist shop, a Luxury shop and a Food shop - everything a pet might need, or was it? All the items were so cute and tempting. The designer in you automatically would be tempted to buy the stuff to decorate your house as well as the clothings.

You had to accumulate Coins and Paw Points to buy all those stuff. And how you did it was to do stuff like bathing, feeding, brushing your pet, buying stuff and also visiting your Friends' pets. You are automically linked to all your FB friends who owned a pet, and you see a neighbourhood with all the different houses and different shops. You could also compete with your pet friends for a race, and bet who would win at the Stadium for more Coins.

And the ultimate thing had me floored, there was also a Bank where you could get money. Yeah right, get money by paying to Paypal or through your mobile service provider, and ka-chink!.... all the coins would be automatically transferred to your account. For US$39.90 you get 26,000 Coins. I think that was terribly expensive, because the stuff on sale could be very expensive as well. And they had new items every week (to make sure you spend more). So if you did not want the easy way out by paying real money, you had to painstakingly earn your Coins through all those above activities and there were many more stuff you could do.

Was I ambushed or what? It was cute while it lasted. And I had finished decorating all the 6 rooms in the house. BTW, my pet is called Piggobama and I think he is already a multi-billionaire in Pet Society. :D

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...