Tuesday 3 March 2009

Briyani lunch

I was nearby in Serangoon Road, Little India. So thought I had go to the foodcourt near Tekka Mall for my late lunch. Who knows, it was shut down and I was very hungry. Behind Tekka Mall, was the Banana Leaf Restaurant, selling southern and northern cuisine. I ordered a Briyani Mutton Set since it was a looooong time since I had briyani. It came with mutton, and 2 types of veggies on a banana leaf, with pappadum and lime juice.

The food was not warm enough to me. But the briyani rice and the dishes were very appetising as they were spicy and hot. The spicy stuff woke all my senses. I have been taking bland food for the past few weeks, so my taste buds had gone lethargic. So the hot spicy gravy and rice had awakened my taste buds plus the refreshing lime juice. A hearty meal, although I wished the food was kept more warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...