Sunday 29 March 2009

Soup Kambing

I had been wanting to have the popular Kambing Soup at the market in Upper Boon Keng Road (near Kallang MRT) for some time. The indian stall had been closed for renovation for almost a year and had reopened just before CNY, but I did not have the chance to patronise the stall till this weekend.

I seldom take kambing soup but this one was quite good. Normally I would not take mutton, because in most places, the mutton sold usually had a strong smell. Likewise in this stall, I did not take the meat. It was not that particularly tender as well. I only liked to drink the soup, which was full of flavour with its spices, thick gravy that was not too oily. And usually we would order a plate of toasted bread in bite-size pieces to dip in the gravy. You must drink the soup while it was still hot. It was especially delicious if taken on a cool rainy day. The people at the stall were not exactly very friendly, I must say. Perhaps the 4-5 helpers there were too busy serving their popular soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...