Monday 23 March 2009

Deja vu

Was at my playground Parkway Parade over the weekend to do some errands. Then to meet up someone for a drink. We were at Caffe Bar. I decided to have a cocktail in broad daylight because I hardly had any alcoholic drink for some time. Yes I was actually craving for alcohol stuff. Ha! I ordered a Hawaiian Blue (which consisted of gin and some other alcohol types with fruit juices). I forgot what was the concoction. Then ordered a Fine Tune Apple something with vanilla ice cream on top.

Both did not go well. I must be getting old or rusty, because after just a few sips, I already felt warm and flushed. My normal standard of alcohol tolerance was pretty high. So I made sure I sipped really slowly. As for the snack, I am actually not an apple snack person. Normally I would not have ordered that, but I did. The puff was too little and the apple slices too many slices for my liking. I should have ordered my usual soda and very safe chocolate cake or something. Anyway luckily it was a short chat.

Today on a weekday noon, I met up someone else for lunch at my old work playground, Tanjong Pagar. So I ate at Tanjong Pagar Market. I missed the hawker food there. I ordered the Fish Maw Soup in a claypot with white rice at the stall which was selling Fish Soup. This is the only stall in so many hawker centres that sells fish maw as well. I usually take this. There were a few pieces of fish maw, fish meat, pork liver, tofu, tomato and veggies. And their chilli was very nice. Very light and healthy lunch. And since I was there, I had to order the famous Annie's Peanut Ice Kacang next door. I like the ice kacang here simply because the ice was so finely shaved (it was much better than say, the ice kacang in any restaurant or hotel). It just melted in your mouth. When I ate that and being surrounded by the lunch time crowd and the hot stuffy place, it brought back memories of those days when I used to eat here almost every other day. It was a feeling of déjà vu.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...