Sunday 15 March 2009

More and more

I did not have a clear and vivid dream for a long time. I just did. I actually woke up at 7am today by the sound of music outside. Mom had switched on the CD player and was playing the beautiful mantras of Om mani padme hum and the Heart Sutra. Then I dozed off again.

In the dream I was at home when I went into the kitchen. My mom was there cooking something, and one of my uncle and aunt were there talking to sis. Uncle was telling me, "you have a big house, hor?" I was like "huh?" I only have 3 bedrooms, I thought. Compared to his 3-storey terrace house, this was nothing. It was then my sis told me, "didn't you know you have some more rooms" in the inner part of the house, where the kitchen was. Is it?

From the kitchen, I went to look around. The kitchen suddenly seemed to be huge and long about half the size of a football field. Then I found one room and went in. There was a king-size bed there and the windows were all shut as it seemed no one was using the room. I was pleasantly surprised, "wow I have an extra room which I didn't know." I marvelled at the room and thought maybe I should change my bedroom here as the window has a fantastic view, meadows and greenery with the mountains at a distance.

Then I discovered another room next door. There was again a king size bed there, and dark brown cupboard. I touched the cupboard and wall as I walked around the room. Again I was like "wow, another room". Then again as I walked furth
er down, there was another room, then another, then another. Altogether I found 5 extra rooms hidden near the kitchen's extension! No wonder the kitchen seemed huge. In my mind, I kept thinking, so actually I had 8 bedrooms in my house! I was beginning to imagine and cracking my head how to utilise each room, whether I should change my bedroom and whether I should do up the extra rooms etc.... Towards the end of the last room, it led to a back gate. When I opened it, it revealed a big field in front. I was so excited. I marvelled at the excess space. The air was crisp. As I walked out, it led to a street behind. I could not describe how wonderfully quaint it looked. It was a quiet street with not much traffic, with houses or buildings lining the streets. It reminded me of a modern Japanese suburban street.

I walked around to recce the place a bit, marvelling at the new discovery. Then I headed back towards my new-extended house to discover more.
Crazy dream, isn't it? I think it was a good dream because I felt very good in it. Plus the fact that today is Guan Yin birthday. It would be good if we can offer lights and flowers to Guan Yin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...