Sunday 8 March 2009

An-yong!

Passed by a Korean supermart in Burlington Square, and ended with a few items. One was a packet of Ottogi Korean Pancake Mix. You could make veg fritters from the pancake mix, the Korean style. You could add prawns or any ingredients which you fancy. I am going to try making this soon.

I always like waffles. When I saw this Lotte Waffles, it reminded me of one brand which I liked, Julie's Waffles. But they were recalled back by the authorities a few months ago because of the melamine scare. Now I have not seen them back on the shelves. So I found my substitute. It tasted great, better than Julie's, and not too horribly sweet.

When I saw this Soft Sesame Cake, I was excited. I like this chewy sweet snack coated with sesame. And it was not as sweet as the usual ones. It was quite huge and cost only $0.90. I also bought a bottle of sesame seeds, to act as a garnish for certain dishes.

I have tried this Hainanese Chicken Rice mix recently and found it to be quite good. The brand was Sing Long. And it was cheaper (about $1.80) than the likes of Kee's and Prima's chicken rice mix. I also bought the Kung Bao Sauce which I am going to use in cooking Kung Bao Chicken soon.

This year, I have had many "first" in my culinary skills. I had cooked many local dishes or home-cooked dishes for the very first time and enjoyed it very much. It was a personal breakthrough for me because I had never thought of wanting to try cooking all along, as food was always ready on the table without me lifting a finger. Now, I thought I had better learn so that I could take care of myself and loved ones and our stomachs next time. And with good food .... we should not waste our calories on lousy food. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...