Sunday 8 March 2009

From the pan to the stomach

I attempted to fry my own carrot cake. I like the black version which meant adding the black sweet sauce. I bought one chunk of carrot cake from the supermarket and cut them up into small pieces. I fried chopped garlic and cai por till they were fragrant then took them out of the pan. Next I fried the small pieces of carrot cake, and added fish sauce and sweet sauce. And half way through, I added the garlic and cai por. At the final stage, I threw in 2 eggs and they merged into the mash of the carrot cake. I served 2 plates of freshly cooked carrot cake, with chopped spring onions as garnish.

It looked better than it tasted, because I added too much cai por so the dish was a tad too salty. But I found it such a breeze to fry carrot cake. Next time I could fry my own when my craving strikes and next time I would get the combination right. Black carrot cake is one of my local favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...