Tuesday 7 April 2009

Sarporo Ramen Bishamon

I was in Bugis for a meeting. For a quick early lunch, I dropped in at one of the eating joints at the basement, Sarporo Ramen Bishamon. What a mouthful name. Anyway it was raining, it would be great to have piping hot soup in the ramen. They have a few ramen set meals as well as bento sets from $10.90 to $12.90. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which was something like charsiew lean pork with some fermented veggies. The sides you could choose 2 types. I chose the fried chicken and California maki. It also cames with a hot or cold green tea.

For ramen, what I look for was the soup base. The soup was marvelous - thick, hot, flavourful. The ramen was a little disappointing, though. It was not Q enough, in fact a little too soggy. And my first bite of the charsiew, the porky smell was a bit too strong (think because it was frozen) although subsequent bites were ok. Overall the soup saved the dish. The fried chicken was nice, crispy and juicy and very hot. California maki was normal. Not bad for a set meal for that price. But I may try the other eating joints the next time.

Recently I was also nearby Bugis Village. I passed the Qi Ji shop, selling its popular nasi lemak and popiah. They also sell mee siam, all local food. For nasi lemak they have many different sets, some with fried fish, some with chicken wings, some with otah etc... I chose this combination normally. I do not like fried fish as it is difficult to eat. I like chicken wings, otah, the fried egg and I added the veggies, because I like my meals to have crunchy veggies. This set cost $3.90. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...