Tuesday 7 July 2009

Thou shalt not be tempted... or maybe?

A few days ago, one of my buddies emailed me loads of photos of doggies to tempt me. They are from dog adoption centres. She said since I like dogs, maybe I should consider adopting one for my birthday? It was tempting, as I spent some time researching on the different breeds of dogs and their behaviour. I know nuts about taking care of dogs and even more so the different breeds have different needs, so I'm not sure if I am ready for such a commitment.

These are my friends' dogs, Muffy (Shih Tzu) and Joey (Maltese). Don't they look so happy and cute? If I have my own pup, it can join these 2 friends for walks in the park. Tempting ...
I saw the photos of dogs up for adoption, mostly were bigger dogs abandoned or given up by their owners. They really looked so pitiful and sad that I don't have the heart to post them here. Instead I found these extremely cute and cheeky pixs online. Labradors, Beagles, Poodles..... tempting....
These Beagle and Pekingese look so cute and innocent you just want to hug them and smother them with kisses. Tempting....
These Shih Tzus look sooooo adorable.... just like Muffy and my niece loves him. Tempting..

At the bottom of my heart, I know I heart Golden Retrievers (beige fur ones) the most (think Marley). But they will grow and GROW and my house cannot accommodate such a big dog.


Or shall I get a Jack Russell Terrier? Tempting...

Maybe I should settle for a Yorkshire Terrier, which is small in size and manageable? No matter what breed, I think it's a gut feel. If you meet one, you will know it's the one, no matter what breed then. I know I will want to own a dog one day, however, I know now is not the right time yet.

For now, I shall just be contented with this handbag to carry and hug. I got it as a birthday gift - a Roccobarocco purple handbag. Friend said it was worth almost $500 but was selling at $100+ for GSS. Great buy, great gift. Thanks! And thanks to the rest too for the gifts and ang pow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...