Monday 28 September 2009

Full-blast anxiety and weird times

Attended another blissful puja over the weekend. I was half-hearted in going at first because I was coughing and it would not be nice if I kept coughing during the puja. My throat was extremely itchy. Nonetheless I decided to go ahead,  making sure I cleared my nose and phlegm and drank enough water before the puja. It was a wonder that throughout the 2 and a half hours of puja, I did not had a single outburst of coughing. It felt like I was healed already.

Chatted with a friend on MSN last night, and my friend was complaining to me about some elderly people posting self portraits of themselves all over the internet and their blogs. It is pretty common and perfectly fine for fashionista youngsters or bloggers nowadays to dress up, with make up and take shots of themselves all over their blogs as they look pretty. But to see an older person say in their late 40s or 50s or 60s do it, is somehow weird and vain. We cannot help but notice the "imperfections", maybe a crooked mouth, one eye big one eye small, fake this and that, and the little wrinkles all over the face etc...  it just seems weird. It gives an impression of someone who is a 自恋狂, very self-absorbed. I do take self-shots too but I do not post them all over the internet, and definitely not in my blog. Even if I do post on some online albums, I will set privacy settings for access, and not free for all to view (only selectively to a few). So to see elderly people post their full-blown photos everywhere, is really.... hard to stomach at times.

Anyway my cough was better, although I still took whatever medicine I had left. Drank a lot of water. Of course still felt drowsy after the medicine. So needed lots of sleep. Last 2 nights I had dreams again.

In the first dream, it seemed that I was getting ready for a flight somewhere. A few hours before departure, I became panicky as I searched for my air ticket. I could not find my air ticket after searching my bag and luggages. I even rampaged my whole house and was very anxious. Then I forgot where I had left my passport, and another round of frantic search began. I tried to re-confirm the time of the flight again to see how much time I had left. To my horror, It was actually 5.15pm when I thought it was supposed to be 7.15pm! And when I looked at the time after a futile search for the air ticket and passport, it was already 5.00pm and I was still at home! I was so frustrated that I gave up, as I knew I would surely miss my flight. Aiyoh, the dream was full of anxiety and it felt lousy. It was so different from the me in real life, as I would never be late for a flight, or never had to find important stuff like air tickets or passport at the last minute.
In the second dream the next night, it seemed somewhat related to the first dream! I was supposed to get on a flight to Dubai with stop-over in Bangkok first for a few days. I had booked my own ticket as well as for an aunt and a cousin. Then just the day before our flight, I realised to my horror, I had actually booked the tickets with just a Singapore-Dubai one way straight. I was supposed to have booked the tickets Singapore-Bangkok first. I was in my Grandma's old attap house, and the whole house was very messy, filled with mountains and mountains of clothes on the floor. I was supposed to search for something, a telephone number or something which I had apparently left in the pocket of a shirt, which was supposedly among the mountains and mountains of clothes!  Then it suddenly occurred to me, oh I was right, it should have been just the Singapore-Dubai tickets, and we were supposed to change it to Singapore-Bangkok WHEN we have reached Bangkok (weird, right??). And just when I thought everything was ok, then I suddenly realised, no I should have just booked for my cousin's flight as Singapore-Bangkok because she was not going to Dubai!!! Adoi! Then things got panicky again, when I had to change the ticket again! My goodness, both dreams were so full of anxiety. I hope that they do not represent my current state of mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...