Saturday 14 November 2009

Is it water or fats?

Long ago, when I went to see a Chinese physican / sinseh, he told me that I have water retention. Water retention is a condition where your body tissues retain water, giving a bloated, puffy look and feel. He said that if I can reduce my water retention problem, I would look slimmer. Everytime when I go for massages, every masseuse would comment the same thing, and even showed me which areas of the body that are "bloated with water". A lady who is selling cooked organic food also told me the same thing.

To friends, they may think this is probably an excuse I cooked up for not being thinner. I did not bother to explain further, as I have always look more or less the same, no drastic weight gain or loss. Just prosperous looking  :D  If you think I am plump /fat /good enough, then I am plump /fat /good enough.

Taken from this website

Water Retention - Why we retain water?
1. Eating too much sodium.
2. Hot weather, and standing for long periods.
3. Side effect of certain medications.
4. Sick eg. kidneys, heart, liver, lymphatic system.
5. Fluctuating hormone levels.

How To Reduce Water Retention
1. Eat less sodium and salt.
2. Avoid processed foods, eat more fresh food. 
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
4. Eat 6 small meals/snacks a day.
5. Eat plenty of good diuretic fruits (melon, citrus fruits).
6. Eat plenty of good diuretic vegetables.
7. Include regular amounts of starchy wholegrain carbs in your daily diet.
8. Include only unsalted nuts/crackers, seeds, bananas in your snacks.
9. Take enough calcium daily until water retention eases.
10. Substitute salmon, tuna, sardines or other oily fish for red meat. 
11. Regular exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...