Friday 11 December 2009

Cruising Along ( Part III )

I actually set my alarm to wake me at 5.30am, but I could not drag myself out of bed, as I only went to sleep at 3am!

This was what I wanted to catch - sunrise - but mission failed. This photo  of sunrise was  captured in my previous cruise trip long ago.  It was always an exhilarating experience watching sunrise.  Too bad I did not do so this time. 


Went to Bella Vista for my breakfast. It was a huge posh restaurant. They gave  you a choice of Asian or Western ala-carte breakfast. The asian set was Nasi Lemak that morning. I chose the Western set instead. In addition, there was also a buffet spread of bread, fruits, cereals and salad.  Beautiful food.

I got the window seat with a view of the blue waters and skies. Such a nice feeling, chomping food  and sipping coffee with a great view. This is the ultimate enjoyment of life.

Another morning, for breakfast, I decided to try the Asian set at Bella Vista again. This time, it was dim sum - century egg congee, siew mai, char siew bao, an assortment of fried popiah, nuggets and char siew soo, and chinese tea! 


I went to the check out the upper decks again in the morning. It was totally a different feel between night and day. Hehe.... look at the shy maiden guarding the swimming pool. 



There were 4 jacuzzi surrounding the pool with plenty of chairs and tables all around the deck.

There was a full-blown slide too at the pool. Oh, the kids would love it if they were there.


There was also a cafe which served beverages and alcoholic drinks.  I love the upper deck where you are totally exposed to the wind and view.


For such a huge ship, it was really well-maintained. Everything and everywhere was neat and clean, and the team work of the service staff was well coordinated and timely. How I wish I could lie down on the deck with a book and drink, with the ocean in front of me everyday. I really love to see and hear the waves.   


I snapped plenty of photos for this short trip. I just wish I had a better camera for next time.

Oh then it was lunch time again. This time we tried the Mediterranean Buffet for the first  and last time. I think it was so-so, not that impressive a spread. I actually ate very little for a buffet. Didn't even take the desserts. Was reserving my tummy for something in Mid Valley.

This was lunch on another day, in the Pavilion chinese restaurant again. The dishes were ok, I liked the fried ngo hiang rolls the best, so I ordered another plate. There were sauteed prawns, nai pak, stir-fry trotters, dumpling soup and fried bee hoon.


Next, I visited the Galaxy of the Stars. It was a big entertainment area where it is a pub at night, but open to the public during the day. It was a great place for viewing the sea because it was surrounded by windows. I suddenly remembered I had been to this place before. I was there for an afternoon event once with colleagues and we were only ushered into this place. This time, they were having some games. Check out the big angel on the ceiling.

Notice the "STAR" on every table? 


There were also the steering wheel and some navigating instruments on display too.

Again the view was gorgeous. I can sit there the whole day. Oh, I took a photo with this old lady too.

Then it was roaming outside the decks again.

It was relaxing sipping coffee with the sprawling ocean in front of you. Shiok!



Here's a clip on top of the deck, notice the sounds, like a broken record. Haha! 

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...