Monday 7 December 2009

It's a small world after all


Oh my god.... this is just an abrupt post, because I just found 2 random not-so-close friends in Facebook.  Well, it started from I befriending a Dharma friend in one of the Buddhist centres, and so far I only met her once and only one time. I do not know her well.  I only remembered her name. And we were both waiting to see our guru in February.

Then I found her in Facebook when we joined the same FB group a couple of weeks ago.  Just a few moments ago, I was just browsing FB and saw her photos, and had a shock.  First, I did not realise she is an avid traveller and award-winning photographer with her own exhibition. Second, while browsing through her photos, I recognised an acquaintance (my buddy's friend in JC) whom I know too!  Third, on a closer look, together in the same photo with this Dharma friend and my buddy's friend, I also recognised an old secondary classmate of mine! I could not recognise her at first until I saw the name.  I think she looked alot alot different now.  

Wow. All 3 persons from different walks of life and all of whom I got acquainted with at different points of my life and I found them at the same time (being acquainted with each other!)! I think 3 of them were probably classmates in primary school. I have not added my "new" found friends as I am still recovering from shock.  Probably will check it out with that Dharma friend if I see her again.  Yes, the world is so small, and will be getting smaller still, with modern technology around. Haha thanks, Facebook!  

2 comments:

  1. With Facebook & Twitter it seems like the world around us gets smaller and smaller indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    Yes, it is exhilarating to find lost friends but at the same time, it's scaringly true the world is getting smaller.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...