Friday 4 December 2009

Tampopo

Another noodles post. One of the days, I met up an ex-supplier whom I have known for more than 10 years. So naturally he wanted to buy me dinner.  As we were near Liang Court, we went to Tampopo Japanese Restaurant.



Ever too often, I would need my ramen fix. And Tampopo is famous for their ramen. As they were having their Hokkaido promotion, some usual ramen items were not available. The captain recommended those on promotion. He said their usual tasty ramen broth takes about 20 hours to boil, and the type of broth used during the Hokkaido promotion takes 2 days to boil! So I thought, it had better be good! We ordered the Shio Ramen. It came with a very rich looking thick aromatic broth with a generous  thick slice of their famous black pig, seaweed, corn and egg. I did not eat the pork. True enough, the broth did not disappoint. I liked my chewy-textured ramen with the excellent slurping-good broth.


Just a look around the restaurant, it has a black dim theme, with flowery designs on the walls as well as Christmas decorations to liven up the place. The floor was cement-finished, no tiles.


We also ordered a vegetable tempura, which was nicely done. I always like the tempura dip.

Final look at my delectable ramen. One of these days, I am going to try making a bowl of ramen just like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...