Saturday 19 May 2012

Lai Lai Family Restaurant

Was at Liang Seah Street a couple of weeks ago with my colleagues, who bought me lunch.  We went to Lai Lai Family Restaurant, which serves Taiwanese cuisine.  I do not usually like Taiwanese food in Singapore, but I was pretty impressed with the quality of food served and the value-for-money set lunches. 

It seems that they are popular with their Beef Noodle Soup. My colleague was craving its herbal soup on a rainy day. As I do not take beef, I ordered the Braised Pork Belly Rice set instead.  They were pretty generous with the ingredients and portion.  The pork was tender and the taste permeated well with the sauce.  It also comes with braised peanut sand egg. I only wish the egg was like the runny Japanese's hanjuku egg or tea egg. 

With each lunch set, you get to order a side dish and a drink (I ordered the Red Bubble Tea Pearls). We shared our side dishes. This was the Saba Fish which was pretty well done. 

Another side dish - Fried Eggplant with Pork Floss.  I love eggplant and this was so delicious.  And dipping the fried eggplant into their shallot & chilli oil was heavenly and fragrant. One must definitely try their shallot and chilli oil mix. 

A satisfying lunch on a rainy day.  I would go back to try the other dishes next time. 


Lai Lai Family Restaurant
20/20A Liang Seah Street,Singapore 189041.
Tel:  +65 68371556, +65 68371557 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...