Friday 6 July 2012

Happy 77th Birthday to His Holiness the Dalai Lama!

This is my desktop background. I simply love this photo of His Holiness the Dalai Lama - so amiable and warm, exactly like a grandpa. It is amazing how this Living Buddha of Compassion (Chenrezig /Guan Yin) treats every single human and animal alike exactly the same, whether you are the head of a country or a beggar, His Holiness gives you equal treatment. He is the embodiment of humanity, kindness and compassion, never harsh, never condescending, never biased. And it is this very trait which he is teaching to every single being who has a connection with him, the very qualities of the Buddha.

Today is His Holiness the Dalai Lama's 77th birthday. This is the long life prayer for His Holiness, which I recite everyday. I prefer the Tibetan version because we chant it in a beautiful tune.
HH Dalai Lama, the manifestation
of 1000-Armed Chenrezig

Gang ri ra wä kor wäi zhing kham dir 
Phän dang de wa ma lü jung wäi nä 
Chän rä zig wang tän dzin gya tsho yi 
Zhab pä si thäi bar du tän gyur chig 

In the land encircled by snow mountains 
You are the source of all happiness and good; 
All-powerful Chenrezig, Tenzin Gyatso, 
Please remain until samsara ends.

Today's my birthday too. What an honour to share the same birthday with His Holiness. My birthday wish is for all His Holiness' holy wishes to be actualised immediately.  And yes, he is a Cancerian too, hehe.

Happy 77th Birthday, Your Holiness! May you have a very long and healthy life.  May I be able to meet you real soon. Like what you said to me in a dream, which I still remember loud and clear, you said, "Yes, I am very happy to meet you. You must come and attend my teachings in Dharamsala soon."

Om mani padme hum!   _/|\_

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Dear Stumpbo :)

    HH pic very nice. Why not post the pic?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...