Thursday 1 November 2012

Managing yourself

Recently I feel extremely happy. It is something I cannot describe. Not that I am earning big bucks. Not that I have been promoted at work.  Not that I have strike lottery. None of the materialistic stuff. Work-wise, although I have been meeting unscrupulous /cunning /rude people or just plain sales cases which cannot close, and all these mundane worldly stuff made me irritable at times, but none of these put me down for long. I am very sure. This is because, before any of these people or situation could get to me, I have already seen through them and contained them. It's a matter of expectations and managing them.

At the same time, I feel a deep sense of joy and calm because I managed to help some people who needed help. It could be doing the least important little things but it made others extremely happy and comforted. And that, in turn, gave me much satisfaction. That made me even more convinced what my gurus taught is true - to benefit others is the act of the Bodhisattvas.

I don't write as much as I would like to, or express what I had like to, but I have learned to at least minimise my unhappiness by not writing too much negativity, if it is not going to help me or resolve the situation or solve any problem. I don't even want to talk too much. I have heard people go on and on and on and on about things which made them unhappy. What's the point? I have also seen many people using their Facebook status or Twitter to vent their anger/resentment/sarcasm daily or on a very regular basis. Maybe that is the only source of their outlet. Sometimes even though they may not seem unhappy, what they express is quite emotional, and words do reflect how one feels inside. It reflects how our state of mind is. I find that simply too depressing, even as an observer. Worse, if you get affected by their emotional/unkind/unnecessary words. Like a friend always say, "Cut! Chop! No negative word!" whenever anyone expresses himself/herself pessimistically and negatively. 

Immerse and surround yourself with happy people. I don't mean you have to be patronising  and insincere, or put on a facade. I made myself happy by observing others, how they are so happy in what they do and how they help others.  That is a worthy example for me, rather than one who is successful in making money but fails in everything else. There is no such thing as a beautiful person if the heart is not pure. I am really thankful for meeting a few important people who have made an impact in my life. I only have great admiration for them. These people who influence me, seem so familiar and close, as if I have known them for a long time. 

When you discover and realise that someone is definitely someone you knew from a past life, it's extreme joy beyond belief. Let's treat everyone we meet as someone whom we were happily karmically connected with in previous lifetimes. Perhaps then we can be more accommodating and accepting of their faults and ours. Because whether we like it or not, every single soul we meet in this lifetime, we already knew them from long ago.  

May our hearts remain pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...