Thursday 14 February 2013

Riding the waves or submerged?

Gong Xi Fa Cai. 

You know, it's kinda strange but I think I finally get it. It's strange that for the past few crazy weeks, it is possible to feel complete bliss of certain things and yet at the same time, to experience the other extreme, the complete loss of other things, and then to realise the impermanence of everything. It is possible to achieve the happiness we are searching for, and it is not necessarily about material happiness.  I was indeed gloriously happy being with the people I like and doing the things I love. I am happy I am on the right path, even though along the way, I am still beset with obstacles. The trick is not being bogged down by the obstacles but rather, viewing them as a rapid way of purification and attaining my goals. Hard, I know. 

Then also, many sad and unfortunate encounters happened, not befalling me, but to those around me.  I always like to observe and to reflect on the things that happened, because they happened for a reason. From the persons' actions to the resolutions of the problems to how they affected me in my thinking and principle,  there are always indeed grey areas. What I thought should have been, was not. What I never expected to happen, happened. It is always about differing expectations, which are also changing all the time. A set of rules can be changed for two different people in two different situations. There is no standard protocol for different matters. On hindsight, I feel it could have been quite unfair the way many problems were handled and resolved. One could be riding the wave of success at one moment, and then be completely hit and be submerged by the waves at another moment. It takes more than interpersonal relationships, skills and communication. Luck, or rather karma, can sway both ways - good and bad - depending on cause and condition. That is why when we are unhappy, we should not dwell on it for too long. Likewise, when we are happy, we should also not be too attached to it for too long. The moment will not last. But our mind to be able to distinguish and to contain both when they happen, is more important. 

If you don't understand what I am spewing about, it's ok. 

By the way, Happy Valentines Day. 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...