Saturday 31 January 2009

Adoi, Edogawa

One weekday during lunchtime, I had lunch at Edogawa in Novena Velocity. I did not feel like having carbo (ie. rice or noodles), so I did not order their set lunches starting from $9.80. I thought I had just order some ala carte dishes which turned out more expensive. Ordered the fried chicken with miso soup, asparagus salad, and chawanmushi. When I asked the China waitress what drinks they served as the menu did not show any drinks selection. It took a while for her to understand what I asked, so I repeated a few times. Then she pointed to the pot of green tea which was already been served (FOC). I just said ok, did not want to pursue further. I had wanted a cold drink.

The chawanmushi came first, I wanted to wait for the rest too. When the fried chicken came, I asked where was the soup. Again it took the waitress (this time it was a Filipino or Indonesian) a while to understand my question. So I said the fried chicken was supposed to come with soup, right? She just walked off so I was no sure she was checking or not. After walking to and fro a few times, she finally pointed ok there was soup.

The fried chicken was really just fried skin, I hardly tasted the meat. And there was some light sweet gravy with it which made the whole dish soaking wet. The menu said fried chicken, so I expected it to be dry, and not something like teriyaki chicken. The miso soup tasted abnormal, it was like just plain hot water, did not even have a hint of miso in it. Thought the asparagus salad should be nice with the salad cream and cuttlefish floss bits. The asparagus was just steamed plain so there was no taste to it, and mixing with the salad cream somehow did not gell. The chawanmushi was cold by then, and too watery. There were no other ingredients besides just one radish shoot. There was no mushroom, no tiny chicken meat, no gingko nut, no carrot, NOTHING. I really felt short-changed.

This had to be the most disappointing Japanese meal I ever had and the price was not value for money because the food was not up to standard at all. This meal made me frustrated. I should just stuck to the set meals. Or maybe I should have gone to KFC instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...