Thursday 22 January 2009

The list goes on....

Countdown 3 more days to CNY, and we have added more and more stuff, some were gifts. I got 2 lanterns to hang and they really contributed to the "atmosphere" of CNY. Got a pot of four-seasons lime plant from Cold Storage (they are cheaper than the nurseries) and I re-potted it into a big pot. Now it looks huge and inviting, once the main door is opened you can see the bright little oranges. During CNY I usually buy 2 fruits which are shaped like hu-lu and they are for the altar. Saw this very red pineapple with sprouted leaves and I liked it. Normally I already have a pineapple in the house which I buy every week. And we just bought our big carton of 38 mandarin oranges.

Mom made some cornflake cookies and peanut cookies. There are also the "love letters", makmur, green pea cookies, pineapple tarts (2 jars as our family is crazy and particular over pineapple tarts), kueh bangit (the white cookies that melt in your mouth), prawn rolls. I bought the "folded" love letters which are egg rolls. There are the kueh lapis, nian gao, bak kwa (sweet BBQ pork slices) and honey rose biscuits (I wanted something different this year). I think there are too much food stuff already, and I have not even mention about those different types of nuts and chocolates we have. How to slim down!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...