Monday 19 January 2009

Not here nor there

At times, being stuck in between extreme ends of the paradox is quite exasperating.

Sometimes some people will ask me about a topic in regards to the metaphysics, fengshui etc.. why do this and that, how to do this and that. They appear very keen and desperate. I gave my reply (sometimes positive, sometimes negative) and ask them to seek professional advise instead. These people will digest and said OIC, thanks. Then next, word will come back to me, that someone has said "I think she is overly superstitious about such things. I only believe in myself." Fine, then why did they want to ask me in the first place, and when told about things he/she does not want to hear/accept, then said "I don't believe in it". Grrrr.

On the other end, I am very keen since I was a young student about metaphysics, fengshui, life reading, palm reading, numerology, astrology etc.. I read all the available books and topics I could find and tried to understand, both in English and miserably in Chinese. I do not profess to know everything as I am not a qualified professional. I am still learning everyday. I am a curious person by nature, especially when it comes to topics I have an interest in, so naturally I will tend to have more questions (if you ask me about the mechanics of a car, I would be pretty dumb and bochap). To give a simple example, we know the advantage of say, the symbolic significance of carrying an abacus is for more money to count. But I will want to know why use an abacus and not ingot, or coins etc.. or why put an abacus in location A instead of location B, etc.. I do not have any intention to contradict what was transversed in this trained field. I just want to know the logic behind it. If you want to buy a Mercedes, for example, you would find out all the necessary information about that model and do your research properly before purchase. Or if you are interested in music, you would study or explore all the opportunities to learn about music.

So sometimes, I find being stuck in between quite contrary, being "knowing slightly more" than the newcomer, and being "knowing nothing" compared to the professional. Exasperating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...