Tuesday 17 February 2009

25 random things about me

25 random things about me I would NOT write in Facebook. So don't bother tagging me.

1. I was the Head Prefect in secondary school, although I think it was a fluke. They had not many choices, other than the fact that I had a more stern and serious look. Heh.

2. On my left hand, I can "dislocate" 2 of my finger bone joints and make them move freely, without causing pain. On my right hand, it's 1 finger.

3. I am rather accurate in judgement of character, apart from last year, the only time when I failed to distinguish 3 bastards from gentlemen. BTW, they are already "extinguished" from my life.

4. I love my only niece and nephew to bits, could not stop showering them with pressies and granting their wishes all the time, so much so I think I am much more than a godmother, maybe even a fairy godmother.

5. I have not met my soul mate. Many came close but left.

6. I do not have many friends whom I would call buddies. In my life, I think I will have only 3-5 close buddies. The rest come and go. The quality of friends is more important to me than quantity.

7. Coincidentally, I have affinity with people with surname "Lim". My past bosses were all Lims (those non-Lims, I did not have a long stint with them, and I do not count them as my bosses), one of my buddy is a Lim, another buddy married a Lim, my favourite client is a Lim and many more. Lim is 林, double wood in chinese, and imazingly, my bazi needs wood!

8. I used to read and still read everything fengshui in English and minimally Chinese. I am superstitious to a certain extent although not extremely head over heels.

9. I don't like to 拖泥带水 (to dwell on things). I prefer to confront problematic people upfront and thrash out the problem/misunderstanding, then conclude and settle the matter amicably. At least both parties know each other's stand. At least there was action, and there was an ending. I do not like "hanging in the air".

10. I have no particular favourite cuisine, I love them all - Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Muslim, Italian, Mediterranean and local street delights.

11. When I was a kid, I remember watching the 3 Stooges, Six Million Dollar Man, Hawaii-Five-O, Wonder Woman, Man In the Net (HK drama starring Chow Yuen Fatt and Carol Cheng),浮生六劫 (HK drama starring Leslie Cheung and Yue Hua), Charlie's Angels and those soppy Taiwanese films starring Chin Han and Lin Fong Jiao and Lin Qing Xia.

12. Advertisements on TV are a waste on me. My mind is automatically switched off during TV breaks. I can be seeing the ad, watching, listening but ask me what product or company afterwards, I will give you a blank look.

13. There was a period when I was working in Parkway Parade and I used to cycle to work everyday, about 30 minutes per trip. I even rode to Orchard Road once and rekki the entire stretch from Tanglin Mall to CK Tang to Plaza Singapura to Tekka Mall to Bugis and home. Great for slimming.

14. My christian name given by Mom has Irish roots and means "the light". My Dharma name, Thubten Legzom, given to me by Lama Zopa Rinpoche means "Buddha's way" and "an assembly of goodness". When I renewed my refuge vows once with HH 101st Gaden Tripa Rinpoche, I was given a chinese dharma name which coincidentally means "the light" too.

15. If there are wedding bells, mine will be a quiet affair. Prefer going on 2-month long honeymoon.

16. If I was a boy, my name would have been Adrian (according to Mom). My sis' name almost became Barbara, which thank God it wasn't. Think she would have preferred Barbie. Heh!

17. I have a growing dislike for some youngsters, their lifestyles and their principles in life. I observe so many of them being spoilt by parents, being utterly self-absorbed, everything is living for themselves and they are pretty lacking in the EQ compartment. I should open an old folks home next time, as I think the future isn't rosy for the parents.

18. I can't save. Honestly, I think my old age will be a sorry state unless I meet a sugar daddy.

19. I love travelling. Honestly, I will be most happy just travelling and writing a journal of my travels and thoughts, maybe even publishing a book, or a collection of snapshots of the places I have been to. I just need kind sponsors.

20. I wish I have more siblings besides my only sis. It would be nice if I have an elder brother to dote on me or a younger brother for me to dote on. I'm quite sure our relationship will still be great with more siblings. What to do, I have too much love to give.

21. My favourite luxury car is a Jaguar S-Type or XJ Series, the "old man's car". There's something about that jaguar perched on top the car that made it irresistible to me, which I also can't fathom. My regular fav car is still a rugged jeep, a Toyota Rush or RAV4.

22. I don't wear black. 99% of my clothes are non-black. Black is my unlucky colour and I look extremely dull wearing black.

23. If I have children next time, I hope they will be twin boys (because most likely, I will have only one birth). I have always like baby boys and boys are more independent. I love girls too but I think I would be over-protective with them.

24. I'm not musically inclined and I don't play any instrument. But I appreciate music and songs with super sad lyrics.

25. My dying wish: to have travelled to all parts of the world with a loved one and tasted each and every good restaurant in every corner of the earth. The "loved one" part ... can be with or without.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...